7.6.13

Jebat Arjuna


"Rosman, oh my dear Rosman. Why lah are you Rosman? Dear dear, why do you have to be from the house of Hajah Mariam? My mother loathes her so much. It is impossible that we can be destined together. I love you, Rosman. A little or too much, no one can ever tell. But yes, I love you."

****

"I am done for. Is he without a scratch?"

"What, are you hurt Malik?"

"It's just a scratch, really, but I think I'm going to need a doctor. Would you please call 911?"

"You're not kidding? You said it's just a scratch."

"Yes, but although not deeper than a well neither as wide as a door can be opened, it was enough. Come tomorrow I will not be the same. I’ll be a doll without a soul and you shall find me a grave man, a fine one, to prepare my bed for my eternal slumber. And before I go, I want to know why in the world did you come between us!? I was hurt under your arms."

****

"Oh Julia, it’s been three hours now. I've been talking non-stop since I came in. Would you kindly wake up now so we can happily waltz out of here forever? I’m afraid the people outside would start to think that I’m going crazy over your death. O Julia, please wake up quickly."

****



For our Introduction to Shakespeare subject this semester, we have to conduct a Shakespearean based play. It's kinda like our final project. My class was divided into two groups and we're doing Romeo & Juliet and The Tempest. My group would be staging Rosman & Julia, an adaptation from Romeo & Juliet with a Malay interpretation. It will be held next Monday, 10th of June 2013 at the Dewan Resital Panca Sakti, UiTM Shah Alam from 6pm till 11pm. Ofcourse it would be awesome! 

I'm not one of the acting people though. I'm the music director. I'm gonna be controlling the background musics from the control room. And I made this poster up there. I'm really looking forward to this play. You can come if you like, to give us support! ADMISSION IS ABSOLUTELY FREE!

No comments: